Brackley Town Football Club believes that every young player who joins a football club does so in order to play the game they love and this applies regardless of the level that the child is playing at.
For this reason we insist that our coaches uphold the following directives:
- All players, regardless of age group, competition, desired outcome, or game format, MUST be treated equally with regard to playing time. Specifically, where competitions involving players up to and including Under 18′s include the use “rolling substitutions” all of Brackley Town’s young players MUST play a minimum of 50% allocated game time and all coaches MUST strive to achieve 75% playing time.
- U7-U10 All players MUST play 50% of each game. No player is to be excluded from the first game due to a coaches / parents desire to win.
- U11 – U18 All players MUST play a minimum of 50% allocated game time.
- No player should be a substitute for every game, all players MUST be given an equal share of starting places.
- No player will start the game as a sub and then be substituted, except in circumstances where the player is injured or sick.
- All players should experience being substituted, no player will play every minute of every game.
- All players MUST be invited to every game, no player should be told that “they are not in the squad this week”.
“Give them opportunities to play and to make decisions for themselves, they cannot make decisions sitting on the sidelines”