Volunteer matchday stewards.
We are seeking exceptional individuals to join our matchday team at Brackley Town Football Club.
Acting as the first point of contact for both home and away supporters you will be a club ambassador, delivering our clubs values and providing excellent service to enhance our fan experience at every touchpoint.
The basic duties of stewards is to enforce the management’s safety policy, the requirements of the safety certificate and all ground regulations. The following itemises 10 basic duties for all stewards, it is not a definitive list but is one that should be at the core of all responsibilities:
1) to understand the general responsibilities towards the health and safety and welfare of all spectators, other stewards, ground staff and yourselves;
2) to carry out safety checks;
3) to control or direct spectators who are entering or leaving the ground, to help achieve an even flow of people to and from the viewing areas;
4) to assist in the safe operation of the ground, NOT to view the activity taking place;
5) to monitor staff entrances, exits and other strategic points; for example, segregation, perimeter and exit doors or gates which are not continuously secured in the open position while the ground is in use;
6) to recognise crowd conditions so as to ensure the safe dispersal of spectators and the prevention of overcrowding, particularly on terraces;
7) to assist the emergency services as required;
8) to provide basic emergency first aid;
9) to respond to emergencies (such as the early stages of a fire); to raise the alarm and take the necessary immediate action;
10) to undertake specific duties in an emergency or as directed by the safety office.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate their ability to engage and connect with people, have a can-do attitude is essential.
Please note: This is a voluntary role.
We pride ourselves on our family-friendly environment at Brackley Town and community is very important to us. If you think you meet the above criteria and would like to join the team, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please mark the subject as: Matchday Steward Vacancy.
We look forward to hearing from you.