Brackley Town   3

Scorers:  Jimmy Armson, Lee Ndlovu, Carl Baker     

AFC Telford United 1

Scorers:  Daniel Udoh

Match rating:  3 /5

Star Man: Matt Lowe  (Brackley Town)

Referee:  Lewis Smith

Attendance:   601 

Brackley Town (3-5-2): (match ratings in brackets) Lewis (7), Myles (7) , G. Walker (8), Byrne (7), Hall (7), Dean (7), Lowe (9) (Nti 90+3) (6), Armson (7), Ndlovu (8), Baker (8) (Fairlamb 90 (6)), A. Walker (7).   Subs unused:  Sterling-James, Jackson, Jeffers. 

AFC Telford United (4-4-2): Bursic (6), White (6), Morley (6), Deeney (6), Sutton (6), Royle (6), McQuilkin (6), Daniels (6) (Streete 45 (6), Dinanga (6) , Udoh (6), Barnett (6).  


Brackley maintained their place in the play-offs with an assured performance against AFC Telford United.

In blustery conditions the Saints set their stall out from the off with Matt Lowe and Carl Baker causing problems throughout the opening 15 minutes down the left and right.

It was Lowe who had the first real opening as his shot on the run went just wide of the far post. The first goal was not long in coming and on 23 minutes Lowe got to the by-line before squaring the ball for Jimmy Armson to tap home.

Lowe then had another chance seeing his goal bound shot deflected away before he again got free down the right crossing for Lee Ndlovu who grabbed Brackley’s second and his seventeenth goal in all competitions.

Carl Baker then got Brackley’s 3rd of the afternoon as he rounded Bursic before firing home for his third since joining in January.

Straight from the kick off Telford’s Udoh reduced the deficit the ball landing at his feet to stroke home.

The second half did not produce any further goals, although Brackley created the better of the chances with Connor Hall’s volley well saved by Bursic and Matt Lowe seeing his chipped shot saved when through one on one, denying him the goal his performance deserved.

However, Brackley will be more than pleased beating a play-off rival and continuing their recent good form.